Wednesday, August 22, 2007

No I'm not Scottish / Welsh / Canadian / American - I'm NORTHERN IRISH

Today I someone said to me

"Its obvious you're Scottish, but which area are you from?"

A few weeks ago when a friend arrived at the house the kids down the road said to him

"we don't know who lives there, but they're Welsh!"

A while ago when I had to show my passport as proof of id in my building society the cashier said

"Its a Canadian passport then?"

And years back when on my gap year I was asked

"you're not from these shores?"

I replied no (because well I'm not from England so technically not the shores in the country we were in at the time) and the next question was

"so what state are you from?"

1 comment:

esther said...

that STILL happens to me! though i have never been accused of being welsh (thank goodness).

(no offence to the welshies though).