Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Running achievements!!!

I know others who read this blog are training for a half marathon and can run far further than me but I'm proud of myself for these two running achievements.

1. On Sunday I ran for 40mins and my distance was 4.5miles. (At 29mins 08secs my endorphins kicked in and I actually began to enjoy myself.)

2. The Sunday before I went for a short run and managed my best times for a mile
my first mile was in 8min!!!!!!!
my average speed per mile was 81/2mins!!!!!

I'm going running tomorrow after work (unless its a really hot day and then I'll leave it till Friday morning) so lets see what I manage then.

2 comments:

catherine said...

i think you could outrun me any day with those times! i'm so glad you've kept up/gone back to the running...

and how about training for a half marathon yourself next year? the great north run is in your neck of the woods, after all, and i am very tempted to enter (provided i survive the dublin one!)

esther said...

well done kirstin! you would so speed past me and catherine. hilariously we have not done any speed training at all, and will settle quite happily on just making it past the half marathon finish.

that said, let's do the great north run next year, no?