Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Bad Decision Tuesday # 1 How to ruin a nice dress

I have decided to do a bad decision tuesday a la Nothing But Bonfires. I may come to regret this decision but I thought I would start with a gentle one.



In case you aren't sure I am the second girl from the left. This picture was taken December 1998, when I was 17. We are all dressed up with sparkles and feather boas for our school formal. You may look at the photo and wonder what the problem is, well I was so self concious in my pretty dress (a nice bias cut midnight blue velvet dress from whistles) that we bought on a shopping trip to London so that no-one had a dress like mine - I know there is a whistles in Belfast now but there wasn't in 1998 - that I hid it behind a large royalish blue scarf that I had borrowed from a friend (thank you Catherine). So the result in this photo (and many others from the night) is that I look like a really skinny girl in quite a boring royalish blue dress rather than how I should have looked which can be seen in the photo below.

No comments: