Friday, December 19, 2008

Today's excitment

This morning I was loading the cats into the boot of the car and their cat carrier broke releasing the captives. It was just how I imagined a jail break to be, with both prisoners running in different directions. I was then left wondering which one to go after first, tough choice when two huge cats with very little common sense or co-ordination who have hardly ever been outside in their entire lives ( I can probably count the number of occasions on my two hands) are running around in the street.

This was the first time I ever regretted our choice of names for the cats, I was standing in the middle of the road shouting Merlin! Amadeus! Merlin! Amadeus! Luckily no-one passed in the time I was running around.

Amadeus made it as far as our back garden, tried to climb the wall of the house, failed when gravity and lack of grip took hold and then I grabbed him and put him back in the car. Merlin however had ventured further, I was concerned he had headed to the house with the rottweiler, but fortunately for me he was only in our neighbour's front garden. Although the new sights and smells were too much fun, and I couldn't tempt him to come back over the fence so I had to go into the garden and crawl under the conifer trees to grab him. Got them loaded back into the car and then finally left the house 20 minutes late.

No comments: