Thursday, October 05, 2006

Breaking news

Yay!!!

After months (or is it years) of being miserable in my job, and five failed job interviews I have been offered a new job as the Education and Events Officer in Darlington.

Today I had to break the news to Groundwork that despite their "cough" extremenly "cough" generous "cough cough" payrise and extension of my contract for another year, I would be leaving for a well paid, permanent job.

Then after breaking the news they started discussing where and when they should advertise my job to find my replacement - hello I haven't even handed in my notice yet!

4 comments:

catherine said...

nothing like having your office measured by your replacement while you're still sitting in it, is there? (metaphorically speaking)

esther said...

well done bird you deserve it.

now, any tips and hints?

i am also very good at drafting resignation letters.

no said...

hey well done you!! I'm so pleased for you! Education and Events, sounds very like your kind of thing. Hey, if you need free access to any PR material give me a shout (Big hugs!!) By the way, you coming to fireworks?

kirstin said...

thanks

Probably going to fireworks, but it might be a friends birthday party, so might be going to that.