Saturday, July 15, 2006

Emotional Wreck!!!!

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult has finally been knocked off the top spot in the list of Books that make Kirstin cry.

Last night My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson reached the number one spot on the list I was an emotional wreck as I finished the book.

Some of you may know that I am cold and heartless when I watch sad films, those of you who watched Titanic with me in the cinema will remember that I found the film hilarious, but strangely the rest of the cinema were all sobbing (and a few were pointing out the mistakes in the film, actually I did that too). And as we walked back to the Polleymobile after the film, I turned to Catherine and said "it would have been sadder if the lady had died at the end!" and Catherine replied "she did!!" oops I kinda missed that point of the film and thought it was a strange dream sequence at the end, (I'd probably been watching too much Sunset Beach at the time).

So anyway films rarely make me cry, but with books I can easily turn into an emotional wreck, like I have for the past few days while reading My Best Friend's Girl. It had me crying from near the start of the book and I had to keep holding the book higher and higher to hide my face so the rest of the room couldn't see I was crying. But I really enjoyed the book and would definately recommend it, but beware you'll need to read it in private if you don't like crying in front of people.

5 comments:

catherine said...

the polleymobile!!!! now that's enough to raise a tear for me...but then my emotional iceberg status has been flawed by watching too many episodes of "extreme makeover: home edition". just as well we have cancelled all the cable channels that show it or i would be an emotional wreck permanently!

kirstin said...

well you can borrow the book from me if you want, you'd probably manage to get through it next weekend when your here, but be warned I was in floods of tears

no said...

wow, sounds like a killer. there are few books that have really made me cry - harry potter usually works though

kirstin said...

Harry Potter has never had that effect on me, I really like it but its never made me cry

no said...

not even the ends of OOP and HBP? you're a tough lady